Marco Prince – Marco Prince (real name Marc Prince), born October 10, 1963 in Cotonou , Benin , is a French songwriter , musician and singer .
Born in Cotonou , Benin , emigrated to Paris fleeing political issues involving members of his family.
Alongside an easy schooling (gifted in math), he embarked on self-taught music (guitar, piano, percussion).
A child of the 68 Revolution, Marco Prince made his mark as a DJ at the Palace , a mythical nightclub of the 1980s and 90s.
Eager to learn the trombone, he turned to Mr. Bruley (master blower) who forced him to study music theory for a long time.
He was introduced to opera singing by the famous soprano Mady Mesplé .
Singer-leader of the group FFF ( French Funk Federation ), discovered by professionals at the Transmusicales in Rennes in 1990, he recorded their first album Blast Culture in 1991, produced by Bill Laswell in New York (published by Epic ).
In the wake of the promising young group, Spike Lee directs the music video for the album and George Clinton the video for a radiant tour in Japan , Canada , Africa …
Marco Prince and his group definitively impose their “Heavy Fonck” with Free For Fever in 1993, followed by the eponymous album FFF in 1996.
After the concert of July 5, 1997 at the Eurockéennes de Belfort , FFF established itself as the stage group par excellence with Vivants , a live album without re-recording or overdub , confirmed by a Victoire de la Musique for best group ( Olympia 1997).
FFF waits until 2002 to release Virgin on V2 .
After a few appearances as an actor in films such as La Truite by Joseph Losey , L’Arbalète by Sergio Gobbi , Frantic by Roman Polanski , Le Défi by Blanca Lee, Le Boulet by Alain Berberian and Frédéric Forestier , Marco Prince signs his first soundtrack for Vive la République , the film by Eric Rochant .
Fascinated by adventure – which he had already tasted within FFF for the BOF of La Haine by Mathieu Kassovitz – Marco Prince then created the company Lola sous la Lune , a malleable and tailor-made tool that he equipped with a professional studio specializing in music for the image and creates a chamber orchestra composed of the flagship of the classical generation.
This was followed in particular by the BOFs of Total Western , a film by Eric Rochant (in which he also played), Le Pharmacien de garde, a film by Jean Veber , Shut up, a film by Francis Veber , Ce qui compte pour Mathilde , a short film by Stéphanie Murat , She’s not crying short film by Steve Suissa , Victoire film by Stéphanie Murat …
Eclectic can certainly define as closely as possible the work of Marco Prince who composed the music for Jamel Debbouze ‘s one-man show ” 100% Debbouze ” but also Histoires de pieds , a short film by David and Stéphane Foenkinos, Zoe Melody , a film by animation by Alexandre Athanée, L’École pour tous film by Eric Rochant , Jean-Philippe film by Laurent Tuel , while rumors circulate of a solo album by the singer as well as a new album by the group FFF.
The Olympic Committee hires Marco Prince to compose the music for the opening ceremony of the 15th Asian Games in Doha .
After several creations of special events (60th anniversary of the house of DIOR , release of the new fragrance Midnight Poison , the ETAM Saint-Valentin show at the Palais des Sports , etc.) comes international recognition: the IRB ( International Rugby Board ) asks him to compose the music for the opening ceremony of the 2007 Rugby World Cup at the Stade de France , a symphony inspired by the traditions and essential values of Rugby.
Eric Rochant asks Marco Prince to compose the music for the series Mafiosa season 2 that he is directing.
After several months of work and research, the series produced by Canal + as well as the music are a success with the public and the channel, which plans to release a soundtrack in early 2009.
Alongside his studio activity, Marco Prince returned to the stage: in October he was appointed musical director of the Dante tour by artist Abd Al Malik .
Creation of the ” Sun ” studio , 110 m 2 in the heart of Paris dedicated to music and cinema.
M6 chose Marco Prince to join the jury team for La Nouvelle Star , season 8, the first broadcast of which was broadcast on March 2, 2010.
ALBUMS FFF , author/composer/singer
- 1991 – Blast Culture , produced by Bill Laswell in NY
- 1993 – Free For Fever
- 1996 – FFF
- 1997 – Alive
- 2001 – Virgo
- 1995 – Hate – directed by Mathieu Kassovitz with Vincent Cassel ( FFF )
- 2000 – Total Western – directed by Eric Rochant
- 2001 – What counts for Mathilde – short film directed by Stéphanie Murat with Sylvie Testud
- 2002 – She’s not crying – short film directed by Steve Suissa with Cristiana Reali and Francis Huster
- 2003 – The Pharmacist on duty – directed by Jean Veber with Guillaume Depardieu
- 2003 – Shut up – directed by Francis Weber with Gérard Depardieu and Jean Réno
- 2004 – Victoire , directed by Stéphanie Murat with Sylvie Testud and Pierre Arditi
- 2005 – Jean-Philippe – directed by Laurent Tuel with Johnny Hallyday and Fabrice Luchini
- 2006 – School for all – directed by Eric Rochant with Noémie Lvovsky
- 2006 – Zoe Melody – Short film directed by Alexandre Athanée
- 2008 – Mafiosa II – TV series directed by Eric Rochant , produced by Canal+
- 2002 – Nina Ricci “Memory of Man” , directed by Nicolas Hidiroglou
- 2002 – Philips “Aurea” , directed by Wong Kar-wai
- 2004 – ” Jamel 100% Debouze “, music for the show by Jamel Debouze
- 2006 – 15th Asian Games in Doha, Qatar , Opening Ceremony Music
- 2007 – Rugby World Cup , opening ceremony music at Stade de France
- 2007 – Etam Show , 50th anniversary , Palais des Sports
- 2007 – 60th anniversary of Dior , celebration evening at the Opéra Garnier and music for the release of the perfume ” Midnight poison “, film directed by Wong Kar-wai
- 2008 – Artistic director of Abd Al Malik ‘s ” Dante ” tour